Senior Microsoft Power BI Consultant
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Microsoft Power BI Consultant to join our growing Analytics consulting practice. You will be part of a team of consultants that are focused on delivering robust data solutions to our clients.
Your focus will be on being able to understand how to leverage client data to solve our client’s most pressing business challenges. You will do this through leading functional workshops, analytics design iterations, and ultimately the creation, publication, and optimization of reporting and analytics leveraging Power BI. This role is hands-on, developing and delivering highly intuitive analytical solutions. You will also at times manage junior Power BI developers mentoring and coaching them towards deliverables.
This role may also be responsible for helping clients understand and implement data analytics strategies, producing solutions that deliver measurable business value.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and business users to identify and understand business challenges, and source data systems; performs stakeholder interviews to understand business process and overarching data needs / requirements
- Conduct and lead white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
- Researches and understands business domain areas and industry verticals, as needed, to help drive best practices and usage of key performance metrics within solutions developed
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Perform data analysis to support requirements gathering and documentation
- Creates business intelligence dashboards with typography, data visualizations and user experience as the centre focus that clearly outline KPIs with visual graphics and data accuracy
- Builds transformations, refactors, and reshapes data in Power BI using Power BI Query M
- Creates calculations in DAX as needed to meet requirements
- Participate and execute design, implementation, and maintenance of Business Intelligence software and systems, including integration with data warehousing platforms
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends as needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by end users
- Serve as the conduit between the client business stakeholders and the data engineering team
- Conduct testing of solutions developed and assist in validating outputs, conduct troubleshooting, and support existing solutions
- Work in complex environments while performing multiple activities on concurrent development projects and existing production processes
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or foreign degree equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience of hands-on development with Microsoft Power BI
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in Business Intelligence, Data, and Dashboard designing, developing, testing, and implementing
- Experience in foundational Data Management domains (Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Integration)
- 2+ years of experience with more than one database tool such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, or Snowflake
- Strong skills writing SQL queries in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or other industry leading RDBMS.
- Understands and can speak to dimensional data modeling and data warehousing methodologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with a wide range of audiences and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work within time constraints and manage multiple tasks against critical deadlines.
- Ability to perform basic problem solving and apply critical thinking, deductive reason and inductive reasoning to identify solutions.