Business Intelligence Consultant
My client are looking for a dynamic business intelligence developer to join their growing consulting practice. You will be part of a team of consultants that are focused on delivering robust data solutions to our clients.
Your focus will be on being able to understand how to leverage client data to solve our client’s most pressing business challenges. You will do this through leading functional workshops, analytics design iterations, and ultimately the creation, publication, and optimization of reporting and analytics. This role is hands-on, developing and delivering highly intuitive analytical solutions leveraging leading data visualization technologies such as Tableau, PowerBI etc.
This role may also be responsible for helping clients understand and implement data analytics strategies, producing solutions that deliver measurable business value.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and business users to identify and understand business challenges, and source data systems; performs stakeholder interviews to understand business process and overarching data needs / requirements
- Conduct and lead white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
- Researches and understands business domain areas and industry verticals, as needed, to help drive best practices and usage of key performance metrics within solutions developed
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Perform data analysis to support requirements gathering and documentation
- Research and evaluate potential technology solutions to meet overarching business needs and best fit for identified use cases
- Creates business intelligence dashboards with typography, data visualizations and user experience as the centre focus that clearly outline KPIs with visual graphics and data accuracy
- Participate and execute design, implementation, and maintenance of Business Intelligence software and systems, including integration with data warehousing platforms
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends as needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by end users
- Serve as the conduit between the client business stakeholders and the data engineering team
- Conduct testing of solutions developed and assist in validating outputs, conduct troubleshooting, and support existing solutions
- Work in complex environments while performing multiple activities on concurrent development projects and existing production processes
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or foreign degree equivalent.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in Business Intelligence, Data, and Dashboard designing, developing, testing, and implementing
- Experience in foundational Data Management domains (Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Integration)
- 2+ years of experience with multiple BI tools such as Tableau/Power BI
- 2+ years of experience with more than 1 Database tools such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, or Snowflake
- Strong skills writing SQL queries in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or other industry leading RDBMS.
- Exposure to dimensional data modeling and data warehousing methodologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with a wide range of audiences and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work within time constraints and manage multiple tasks against critical deadlines.
- Ability to perform basic problem solving and apply critical thinking, deductive reason and inductive reasoning to identify solutions.