Big Data Engineer Azure
You have experience with client projects and in handling vast amounts of data – working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques. You are someone with a drive to implement the best possible solutions for clients and work closely with a highly skilled Analytics team. Play a key role on projects from a data engineering perspective, working with our Architects and clients to model the data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches.
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud
- Collaborate with our business analysts and data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Have a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science
- Experience on client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams
- Experience and interest in Big Data technologies (Hadoop / Spark / NoSQL DBs)
- Experience or familiarity with real-time ingestion and streaming frameworks is a plus
- Experience and desire to work with open source and branded open-source frameworks
- Experience working on projects within Azure
- Experience with NLP, Machine Learning, etc. is a plus
- Experience working on lively projects and a consulting setting, often working on different and multiple projects at the same time
- Strong development background with experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python, Java, Scala, C#, R
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- A deep personal motivation to always produce outstanding work for your clients and colleagues
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and backgrounds
ABOUT US: OUR WORKPLACE IS FUN AND FAST-PACED:
We are Cervello. We believe in the power of connected data. We are laser focused on helping organizations harness the interconnectedness of digital, data and decision-making. We are problem solvers and builders focused on helping our clients win with data. Our culture is cool and innovative. Our environment is casual and conducive to collaboration and problem solving. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. It’s the perfect balance of freedom and accountability. If you want to be part of something great – join us!
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-discrimination
Cervello prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our teams, and our clients. Cervello aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission critical problems. Cervello is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Cervello is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in analytics and consulting are encouraged to apply.