Azure Data Architect
My client is a leading energy company in the United States. They are looking for someone to own the data strategy design and implementation and ensure current change delivery adheres to that. This is a key technical, analytical and design role working within IT and Data delivery team. You will be tasked to lead from the front as well as mentor and coach members of the current team.
Your new role
· Own the design of the Data Library architecture, including data lake, data warehouse, data mart structures, tools, technologies and best practice.
· Lead on and main Responsibility for ensuring the Data Library can be used as a corporate resource, including user access, storage and operational considerations and capacity requirements.
· Responsibility for translating business requirements into designs for Data Library (including data lake, data warehouse and data marts)
· Ensure developers fulfil the functional and non functional requirements.
· Own the application of various tools, techniques and technologies to satisfy business requirements.
· Lead on providing different architectural options advising on pros and cons of differing approaches.
· Provide expertise to MI team and wider organisation on the architectural and technical components of the Data Library.
What you’ll need to succeed
· Leader with substantial experience in Data and Analytics.
· Extensive Data modelling and data warehousing experience
· Strong data modelling skills including complex relationships and historical recording techniques.
· Strong technical skills and awareness of current state of the art of business intelligence tools and technologies.
· Extensive experience in developing integrations of Azure data platform to various types of external systems and can recommend approach and technology covering Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Azure and Management Information.
· A flair for problem solving in a dynamic environment.
· Experience of designing and building Ml systems on the cloud.
· Hands on Technical design/development experience of SQL Server, Azure Blob Storage, Python, Azure Data Factory, Spark/DataBricks & CI/CD pipelines
What you’ll get in return
· Private medical insurance.
· Sick pay.
· Duvet days.
· Gym membership.
· Flexible working.
I’m keen to speak with suitable candidates who would be interested in making a move. We have availability for interviews towards the end of this week and early next week and are expecting a high demand from the market – so don’t delay!